- 4 4-oz. catfish fillets (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coarsely crushed pretzels (crackers work well here too)
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- Lemon slices
- Thaw fish if frozen. Rinse fish and pat dry. Combine, mustard, egg, milk, and pepper until smooth. Pour mixture into a shallow dish for dipping.
- Coat fish with flour,dip into mustard mixture, then dip in pretzel mixture.
- In a large skillet cook fish on medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. Cook until golden brown and flaky.
- Serve with lemon slices for some tang.
Makes 4 servings
It is the perfect Friday night meal!!! And left overs for a sandwich tomorrow!!! YUMMY. I use crackers instead of the pretzels, and it’s equally GREAT!!!